Monday 5 October 2015

Collective Haul #2


This is where all my money goes... 

 M.A.C Lipstick in Lingering Kiss - matte
Limited Edition unfortunately. I would describe it as a deep burgundy. Its so beautiful. I think I wore it all throughout January!


M.A.C Lipstick in Chilli - matte
A muted orange red. I think it really compliments my brown skin-tone. If you want to start wearing bright orange lipstick this would be a good transition colour to get used to it.



M.A.C Lipstick in Viva Glam III - matte
A brown plum. I would consider this shade a nude for deeper skin-tones (NC45 and darker maybe?). I've been wearing this as my every day nude since of late.


M.A.C Matchmaster Foundation in 7.0
A water based foundation that gives solid medium coverage that can be built up. The consistency is slightly creamy. So long as I set the foundation and maybe use a primer it lasts pretty well.


M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish in Perfect Topping
 I usually gravitate towards the warmer more golden highlighters. This highlighter in particular has a flex of golden through it so although it is pink, it still compliments my yellow undertoned skin. The powder is fine enough to produce a 'natural' look but can be built up.


M.A.C Studio Fix Powder in NC 44.5
This is a high coverage powder. I opt for heavy coverage in powders to avoid having a heavy foundation. Weird I know, but to each their own. Having a heavy coverage powder that is exactly your skin-tone helps when your foundation turns out a bit too ashy.


M.A.C Fix+ Skin Refresher/ Finishing Mist
I thought I would never get this but here I am. This is such a weird product, I really don't know how to explain it. If you spray it on your cheekbones after you've applied your highlighter, it just amplifies the glow. Its amazing to make metallic shadow stand out even more. 


M.A.C Sheertone Blush in Gingerly 
I love to use this blush on my friends who have lighter skin-tones than me as well as on myself. It just adds a hint of colour and brightness to my skin-tone and is more a cold rose shade on lighter skin-tones.


M.A.C Pro-Longwear Paint Pot in Rubenesque
I had no need to buy this but I did (a reoccurring trend). Its a gold cream eyeshadow with a pearly pink running through it. Unfortunately the pink doesn't show up on my skin-tone. 


Nivea Men Sensitive After Shave Balm
A NikkieTutorials enabled product. Just watch the beginning of her tutorials to understand why.


 Prestige Bronzing Compact Powder
I rarely ever find a low end bronzing and highlighting product so I had to pick this up. The dark shade is dark enough to give me a soft contour and the lighter shade is perfect for a matte highlight on my skin-tone.


Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks in Chocolate Cherry 7
I wore this religiously during the winter months. Its the perfect flushed sort of red on my lips and cheeks. Very quick and easy to apply as it blends effortlessly.
 

Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Crème in J'adore
The texture of this lipstick is the creamiest I will ever go. Its just at the stage between a cream and satin finish. I gravitate towards this lipstick when I need to whip something on before I go out.


Tom Ford Lip Color in 17 Violet Fatale
Major indulgence. I thought I would go for a violet of my first (of many) Tom Ford lipstick. Slightly comparable to M.A.C's Rebel but more vivid and pink.


Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Colour Stick in Blush No.20
Every since I saw this on the Pixiwoo blog I was on a mission to get it before it sold out. It adds a stunning glow due to the warm bronze tones and adds a touch of pink. 


Chanel Rouge Allure Gloss in 21 Distinction
A gloss for those who don't like glosses? Its quite thick but not sticky. The colour payoff is incredible.


Essence Viva Brazil Blush in 02 Destination: Sao Paulo!
Sometimes when you have a need to buy makeup you can't always splurge and that's when drugstore makeup comes to the rescue. I have always been a fan of Essence; their products are of excellent quality. This blush in particular however, didn't agree with me and was far to bright for my skintone. However, on my mother, who has a darker skintone than me, it looks incredible on. So my deeper POCs this is for you!


 Sephora Rouge in Crush
I got this as a Secret Santa gift. Such a dupe for M.A.C Rebel; colour and consistency wise!


 Too Faced Better than Love mascara
Now, the only reason I bought this was because it was called 'Better than Love' rather than 'Better than Sex' and I found that hilarious enough to spent my money on the irony. To my surprise though, I really like the volume and darkness this mascara gives my lashes.


 Urban Decay Subversion Lash Primer
This is the first lash primer I have ever used. At first, I was a bit sceptical and hesitant on whether or not this was worth my money and would do anything. Now that I have used it for a significant time I can tell you that it prolongs the curl of my lashes and adds volume for my lashes.


 Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eyeshadow Primer
All I can say is that it prevents my eyeshadow from creasing better than the Urban Decay primer.


 Isa Dora Brow Shaping Gel in 62 Dark Brown
I honestly wouldn't have thought I would like this product as much as I do. Initially, I found it to be very wet and every time I applied it, I ended up getting it on my brow bone. Not that I need anymore eyebrow but I almost always, at least, comb my eyebrows so this product has been my saviour when I need to tame these caterpillars.


Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 20 and 30
For contour and highlighting purposes that weren't really fulfilled. However, they came very handy when doing my friends' makeup. I have read that the product is very comparable to the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer.

 NYX Butter Gloss in Praline and Ginger Snap
NikkieTutorials, you have influence me again! I would have never thought I would like glosses but there is something about these. They aren't irritating or overly slippery. Also the shades that I got a pretty close to my natural lip colour so if they do slip out of my lip line, it is not a big deal.

 Gypsy Lashes in No. 92 
  
  Gypsy Lashes in No. 909

Gypsy Lashes in No. 913
I got lashes. They were on sale and cheap. I still don't know how to put them on without lash glue getting all over me.

Shini

No comments:

Post a Comment